Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Christmas

Well once again Christmas has come and gone. I am so thanksful for such an amazing family. I am such a Christmas person that I always go a little overboard.

Here is my Christmas recap:

Christmas Eve dinner at my sister-in-laws was amazing. She is such a good cook and got a brand new kitchen! Oh and we got this massive snow shovel my in-laws ordered from Canada that may come in handy soon.

I woke up at 6:30am Christmas morning to get ready for a long day of fun, gifts, family and travel. My grumpy husband was not as thrilled to get up so early. I used to get to my parents around 6:30am but as my sister got into college and brother moved out, each year the time got later. Frankly, I got sick of getting to my parents and waiting and waiting hahah. We all opened gifts at my parents. My dad and mom agreed on not exchanging this year but he played a trick on her. He gave me extra $ and told me to buy more gifts. Since my sister is in college and brother just bought a house, they didn't have a ton of money. My mom did not even realize that she had way more gifts than anyone else, but maybe my sister. He truly apprciated her being there with him and for all the support through a hard year.

Next we headed to my grandparents, which tends to be VERY hectic. My mom has 5 brothers and sisters, all who have kids, 13 grandchildren to be exact, 3 are married, 1 boyfriend, 1 great-grandchild, one dog, and other random visitors. Oh and they live in a SMALL townhouse. It was such an amazing time though. I love catching up with everyone, esp ones that don't live around here, and doing a polyanna with all my cousins.

Then off to the beach to the in-laws. We had another AMAZING dinner. My mother-in-law is so happy she is going to Vegas to see Cher and my husband is happy to get his new tool chest!! I am so lucky!

Now it is snowning and beautiful at the beach! My life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment