Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Featured Vendor - Lovely Little Details

I met Jacin, from Lovely Little Details, on twitter and started following her posts. Lovely Little Details is a event planning and design company specializing in wedding planning, event design and much more.

The Lovely Little Details blog is amazing!! She discusses anything from her inspiration to the very unique details you can incorporate into your big day to make it PERFECT!! Recently she has posted multiple "winter loveliness" posts, which I loved!!! Just the color and uniqueness about her posts are what truly draws you to them!

Here are a few pics from her winter loveliness posts:

Q&A with Jacin:

What inspired you to start your business?

I have over 7 years of experience in event planning including weddings, corporate events, festivals, and smaller scale meetings. My love for wedding planning and design was recently rekindled when I planned my own wedding from across the country; I loved taking all the inspiration I found and turning it into reality on the big day by incorporating all of the "lovely little details". I wanted to feel this joy and passion with everything I worked on, and help others fine tune their inspiration and vision to make their dream event a reality. Too often, brides get caught up in the bustle of all the "platinum" weddings that we see online and in the media, and this can lead to some feeling that their wedding isn't good enough. This competitive spirit is something I am trying to counter by helping each client create their own event "branding" so that all guests truly feel the labor of love and personality that went in to the planning and design. No matter the budget, we can work together to create an event that is memorable and exudes personality! I find myself focusing on the tiniest of details - the romantic gardenia in the bride's hair, the textured, fluffy gowns, the scattered petals lining the aisle, the groom's intricate, detailed boutonniere, the burlap table runners, those to-die-for red Louboutin heels. The "lovely little details" may not be noticed at first, but when put together, they create a swoon-worthy event is that is personalized and memorable. Those lovely little details are what turn inspiration in to reality - and I love that.

What exactly does Lovely Little Details entail?

lovely little details is an event planning and design company specializing in (but not limited to):

*wedding planning (full, partial, and day-of packages available)
*event design

*vendor alignment and day-of scheduling
*inspiration board development
*inspiration to reality shoots
*paper design
*floral arrangements
*wedding blog development/writing

I want to help each client figure out which "lovely little details" are important to them, and why, so we can incorporate those in to their special day. I have an expansive rolodex of experienced "partner" vendors to provide each client with the option to work with proven vendors and help them take one less decision out of their planning process, if needed. By offering multiple services and partnering with the right people, my clients are able to enjoy the planning process and relax, while I manage the minutiae.

What advice would you give other female entrepreneurs?

Fear is just an excuse that can often get in the way of your dreams. Life is too short to settle for your current situation because you don’t have the courage to try something new. If you fail, you're still better off than the rest because you gave it a try, and you learned something from the experience. Deep inside you may be feeling excitement and fear, but if you stand strong and pave the way, others will feed off of your enthusiasm and who knows, you might just inspire someone else to shoot for the stars! So what are you waiting for? Get up and go! No one else can duplicate YOU.

What are 3 things people don't know about you?

1. I can find 4-leaf clovers on the spot. I've been known to be running and backtrack because I saw one out of the corner of my eye :)

2. I lived in Australia after college – I moved there by myself and got a work visa and job managing events at a private school in Sydney, then traveled the east coast of Australia, stopped over in New Zealand, and visited Fiji on my way back home.

3. I have a weakness for New Jersey "everything" bagels :)

Lovely Little Details is definitely a vendor you should be following!! Thanks Jacin :)

Blog: http://www.lovelylittledetails.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SheSaidYesBlog

9 comments:

  1. hands down a must follow! great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely feature, and well deserved! Jacin is definitely a 'must follow'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the feature & all the "lovely little details" -- awesome advice for other women in the business too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!!! I met this fantastic woman and she is just a ball of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature! :) Jacin, so excited for your new adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great feature! Jacin- I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you will do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Jacin!! Congrats on your new business, you are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete