Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Featured Vendor - Pizzazzerie

Whether you are looking for entertaining ideas, recipes, DIY crafts or party features, you can find it at Pizzazzerie. I spoke with Courtney Dial, who is the Editor and Founder, and she has an amazing zest for life and her business. Pizzazzerie truly is a website I could spend ALL day on! Just while researching for this blog post, I was side-tracked about 100 times because I was so intrigued!

Here are a few of my favorites from Pizzazzerie:

How To Make a Candy Cane Tree
http://www.pizzazzerie.com/parties/holidays/diy-candy-cane-topiary-trees/

Winter Holiday Party Planner
Brazilian Pumpkin Frappe Recipe

1 ½ oz Cabana Cachaça
½ oz Jamaican Rum
1 whole egg
½ oz Half n Half
½ oz Maple syrup
2 Dashes Fee’s Aromatic bitters

1 Heaping teaspoon of Organic Pumpkin pie Mix

Top with Cinnamon and Nutmeg

http://www.pizzazzerie.com/parties/holidays/holiday-cocktails-festive-winter-recipes/

VERY BERRY HOLIDAY TREEhttp://www.pizzazzerie.com/parties/holidays/diy-very-berry-holiday-tree-ornament/


Q&A with Courtney:


What inspired you to start your business?
- While I was working the normal "8 to 5" professional job out of graduate school, I felt a lack of creativity that I really wanted to fulfill with something exciting. So I started out with just a blog and never imagined it would become a business in just 3 short months. I knew I wanted to share my love for crafty things and party ideas as I have always loved throwing elaborate parties for friends and family. It was only natural that my blog would be about those things. Once it got rolling, it's just built from there!

What exactly does Pizzazzerie entail?
- Pizzazzerie is first and foremost a guide for entertaining inspiration from children's parties to dinner parties and everything in between. My writers and I post on the blog between 6 and 8 times a week. Sometimes it's a wedding feature, a DIY idea, a sale at one of our favorite hostess stores, etc. Beyond the blog, I also do party styling for individuals and product styling for companies. Everything looks better on a gorgeous tablescape! Most recently, we've launched The Prop Shop where we are selling some of the products seen on Pizzazzerie.com's signature tablescapes!

What advice would you give other female entrepreneurs?
- Brainstorm and jump in! After you brainstorm the look of your business (logo, colors, style, etc) - then jump right in. If a blog is fitting for your business, then start one! It's a great way to build a community. And NETWORK from twitter to facebook to in-person networking events. Don't be afraid when you have a lull or feel like no one is "watching' - business comes and goes and it will always come back up! Stay with it!

What are 3 things people don't know about you?
- I'm very business oriented - just as much as the creative side of me. Most people say you're either artsy or business focused in this business, I have both which makes it very difficult as I roll each creative decision through a business perspective. Let's see, another one would be that I live alone - no kids or hubby (yet). This gives me lots of time to set up tables and stay up late! Lastly, I'd say my favorite foods are southern comfort foods from mashed potatoes to chicken fingers! Carbs! :)

Thank you so much Courtney!

http://www.pizzazzerie.com/
http://www.pizzazzerie.com/blog/
http://twitter.com/pizzazzerie

1 comment: