Thursday, January 27, 2011

Work Life Balance



As many of you know, it is a major struggle to find a balance between work and your personal life! I admit I have gotten caught up in the hustle and bustle of a fast paced, long hours, corporate ladder climbing job. Recently, I have made a effort to stop every once in a while and enjoy life and to tell myself that work will still be there tomorrow.

WebMD has come up with 5 tips for a better work-life balance:

1. Build downtime into your schedule
2. Drop activities that sap your time and energy
3. Rethink your errands
4. Get moving
5. Remember that a little relaxation goes a long way

HOW DO YOU MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY?

I try to go for a run or to the gym at least twice a week. This is the only time I feel like I can completely relax my mind. Even when I am home relaxing, I am always thinking of laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc. I also try to sit down and have dinner with my husband most nights, even if it is a quick 10 min dinner. I am sure it a thousand times harder with kids though!

I know many businesses try to give you the option to "work from home" when necessary or all the blackberry users, who have access to "work" 24/7. I think this is good and bad. Sometime I just want to go home and know that my work is done. I don't want the option to log online. However, on the flip side, there are times that this has come in handy (i.e. contractor coming to your house).

I think if you put your mind to it and make the effort, work life balance is possible!!

"I've learned that you can't have everything and do everything at the same time." Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment