Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Featured Vendor - Storymix Media


Today's featured vendor is Storymix Media. They provide technical and creative expertise in photo and film/video memories landscape and creating slideshows and movies from media. Storymix Media has a true passion for what they do and are definitely worth checking out!

"New products. New technology. Easy to understand. Simple to use. Great Value."


Q&A:
What inspired you to start your business?
Originally it was from creating year in review videos of our growing family. The next inspiration was the realization of not having any video from our wedding. It was the last event my grandmother attended, a friend died later in a snowmobile accident, and I have no way to show my kids me dancing on the tables with the centerpiece on my head at the end of the night.

What exactly does Story Mix Media entail?
We create custom, pro slideshows and videos from personal photo, film, and video memories. Our products are specifically tailored to focus on wedding couples, consumer, and pro customers since each has different needs and requirements.

What advice would you give other entrepreneurs?
Go to Steve Blank's website (http://steveblank.com) and learn everything you can about Customer Development. Make sure you solve a problem and have customers willing to pay for your products or services before you build your business. Don't spend a lot of money until you know you have a business model that works.

What are 3 things people don't know about you?
1. I watch Food Network
2. I used to be Vice President of our neighborhood garden club
3. I change the oil on my car myself

http://www.storymixmedia.com
http://twitter.com/storymix

Thank you Ariane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment