Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Featured Vendor - Amy Cornwell

Amy Cornwell is another amazing person I met on twitter. I am completely in love with her work. All her designs are original and one of a kind! She makes a variety of items from stamped to beaded pieces. I am mildly obsessed with stamped items and cannot wait to purchase something! Amy is definitely someone worth keeping an eye on :)

Here are some of my favorite pieces:



Q&A with Amy:

What inspired you to start your business?

I started my business at the end of 2003 after attending a jewelry party and realizing that I could do this myself! I had started making jewelry around 1996 (in High School) to make money for Spring Break but didn't get back into it until 2003 when I had my first at-home party. It did so well that I thought I'd make it official in 2004 and registered my business. Sales drastically took off in 2007 when I really pushed the business on Etsy and started doing stamped, personalized items.

What exactly does Amy Cornwell entail?

95% of what I sell is stamped, personalized items. I also still offer beaded items and some sewn goods. I love all things creative so at times you'll see items besides stamped goods in the shop. I like to share with others the items I create. I'm continually adding new stamped items to the shop because I have a {slight} addiction to blanks and new necklaces.

What advice would you give other female entrepreneurs?

Keep trying! It's taken me a long time to get consistent sales on Etsy and growing my website at amycornwell.com. Just keep relisting items on Etsy, telling others about your product via Twitter and Facebook. Promote, promote, promote! Try new things and ways of advertising. Make a name and brand for yourself. Have outstanding customer service because word of mouth {I believe} is the most effective way to grow.

What are 3 things people don't know about you?

This is a tough one! I'd say 1) I'm loyal to a fault, 2) I'm insecure and 3) I love being generous when I'm able to.

Thank you Amy!!!!!

www.amycornwell.com
http://twitter.com/amycornwell

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature! Much success to you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete