Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Featured Vendor - Uptown Girl Designs

Today's featured vendor is the lovely Uptown Girl Designs. The Uptown Girl Designs studio is full of fabulous designs that celebrate babies, weddings, birthdays, holidays and so much more! They also have wonderful designs for personal note cards and thank you cards. Kristina's designs are AMAZING and so unique! I HIGHLY suggest going to her website and checking them out yourself.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Baby Boy Birth Announcement

Save The Date
Baby Shower
Q&A with Kristina:

What inspired you to start your business?
My daughter, Gabby, is my inspiration for Uptown Girl Designs. It
started when she was born and I wanted a modern and chic birth announcement. They were hard to come by. Everything seemed so generic. I eventually did find something but during her first year I started designing my own cards for her events. It didn't take long for me to realize what wanted to do. I had always dreamed of being my own boss. I was tired of "working for the man". I decided in early 2007 to work towards starting my own company. My hubby Tim was 110% supportive, and is even more so today. I want Gabby to see what can be accomplished with hard work. To never give up. To dream big and hope for more. Always.

What exactly does Uptown Girl Designs entail?
At Uptown Girl Designs we love everything and anything about babies and birthdays and weddings and showers. Well, basically any reason to throw a party! From the simplest of backyard bbq's to the swankiest of soirees, we can create the perfect invitation to set the tone for any party or event. And we know that introducing a baby to the world is such a joyous event and you are excited to share photos and details with family & friends. Our birth announcements are simply sweet and undeniably unique! We also have really fancy Thank You notes! What has happened to this important form of gratitude? When you take the time to use some personal stationary it really says something about your character and sends a message that you truly are thankful. All of this and more can be found here at Uptown Girl Designs - high-quality, affordable and one of a kind cards made with lots of love!

What advice would you give other female entrepreneurs?
My advice for other female entrepreneurs is to never give up and connect with other female entrepreneurs!! One of the highlights of starting my business is meeting all the other amazing, creative and smart women I've met. If I see that someone else is out there, working hard at their dream, that makes me want mine even more. Quitting is easy and anyone can do that. Staying focused and not giving up is what will set you apart.

What are 3 things people don't know about you?
Three things people may not know about me... I'm a HUGE Twilight fan{TEAM EDWARD}!... I completed a 1/2 marathon (mostly walking, but I didit!)... I dream of someday taking an improv class (hey, I think I'm funny).

Thank you again Kristina!!

www.uptowngirldesigns.com
http://twitter.com/missuptowngirl


No comments:

Post a Comment