I stumbled upon The Lucky Elephant on twitter and instantly fell in love with their products. They sell handcrafted GOOD LUCK ELEPHANT bracelets! I plan to purchase one soon to maybe bring me some extra lucky having Baby L. Each design is unique and colorful!
Here are some of my favorites:
Q&A with Jutta of The Lucky Elephant:
What motivated you to start The Lucky Elephant?
The launch of the lucky elephant was one of those things that, in hindsight, feels like it was meant to be. I had just started making jewelry again, was playing around with wrap bracelets and accidentally stumbled upon a cute elephant button one day. I bought the little silver friend, brought him home with me and "the lucky elephant" was born the very next day...
What exactly does The Lucky Elephant entail?
An elephant with it’s trunk being raised up is considered to bring good luck and an excellent fortune and to have the magical power to take away troubles.
THE LUCKY ELEPHANT creates Good Luck Elephant leather wrap bracelets with antique silver elephant button, fine silver or vermeil gold elephant charm - trunk up, of course, for tons of good fortune - will make sure you stay on the lucky side of life while being stylishly accessorized. There’s an everyday collection and a Wedding line, which is completely customizable to match virtually any color palette.
For a few years, I have been involved with Urban Initiatives (www.urbaninitiatives.org), a Chicago based nonprofit organization that runs a health and education soccer program in public schools in Chicago’s most underserved neighborhoods. Very early on I decided that I wanted to continue to support their tremendous work with my business too. 10% of all my proceeds go to Urban Initiatives.
What advice do you give to other female entrepreneurs?
Mmmm, still looking for advice myself constantly, especially in terms of how to balance it all, but let’s see...
1. Make sure your office has a door that you can close
a) when you’re in it - to keep everyone out and
b) when you leave - so you don’t constantly have to be reminded of the work that needs to be finished... and
c) to hide the creative chaos you produce without having to clean up all the time...
2. Get huge jars of anti-wrinkle cream & concealer. Chances are you will need both sooner or later - between filling orders, creating, twittering, blogging, facebooking, emailing, etc. there’s not much time left for sleep, which brings us back to the search for balance... ;)
3. Let your family hide your electronic devices once in a while (especially when on vacation), so you’re not tempted to “quickly check”...
4. Enjoy the ride and be proud of yourself!
What are 3 things people don't know about you?
Mmm that’s a tough one. Can only think of 2 right now:
1. I love licorice and gummy bears.
2. I read the book “The School of Essential Ingredients” 3 times.
Thanks so much!! Definitely check out The Lucky Elephant :)