Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Featured Vendor - Emmaline Bride

I met Emma, from Emmaline Bride, on Twitter and absolutely fell in love with her handcrafted wedding marketplace. The products are amazing, which include card boxes, garters, invitations, decorations & much more.

Here are a few of my favorites:
Sash by Dream Catcher Studio

Clutch by ANGEE W.

Album by Special Occasion Design


Q&A


What inspired you to start your business?

When I planned my wedding, I was disappointed at the lack of quality and customizable options found in big box stores. I turned to the internet to find DIY ideas and handcrafted items instead, to add a personal touch to my wedding day. When I found the overwhelming amount of talent by handmade artisans, I was instantly in love and wanted to spread this love with other brides-to-be! Thus, Emmaline Bride was born.

What exactly does Emmaline Bride entail?

Emmaline Bride is the resource for brides who love handmade. We offer the handcrafted marketplace featuring beautiful items by independent artisans, curated by our team; the blog (fresh daily!) showcases new finds, Real Weddings, DIY ideas, and more, and THE BRIDAL BOOK, our preferred vendor network which highlights local wedding resources (wedding photographers, planners, artisans, and more) that not only support the handmade initiative but also offer creative, out-of-the-box ideas for weddings.

What advice would you give to other female Entrepreneurs?

Three things come to mind: 1) Find your passion – and follow it. 2) Never, ever give up. 3) Network. Find others who also love what you like to do, because it will not only help you to learn but you will build lasting relationships (often that turn into friendships, too!); there is so much to learn from others. Also, it will inspire you to be surrounded by others who share your passion.

What are three things that people do not know about you?

I am a graduate of the University of Detroit College of Business, I have two adorable black cats named Geppetto and Shadow, and my handsome husband and I were high school sweethearts! ♥

Thank you Emma!! You are truly an inspiration :)

http://emmalinebride.com/

http://twitter.com/EmmalineBride

No comments:

Post a Comment