Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday Inspiration - My Dad (grab a tissue)

About 4 months ago my dad found out he had tonsil cancer. This was something I never thought would happen to my family. I was devastated. After 2 operations to remove the tonsil and lymph nodes, he began radiation. His first chemo did not turn out so well. He had to be rushed to the emergency room because he had a bad reaction to the type of chemo.

NOW 4 months later, 25 pounds less, minus facial hair, he is done all his treatments. One more operation to correct the blood circulation in his legs and he should be DONE. With all this being said, my dad has not been in the best moods. This all takes a toll on your body, plus he owns his own business so everyday he told us how much money he loses not being there. However, ALL this was necessary for him to be healthy.

He still maintains a positive attitude and a smile. I commend my mom also for being there by his side through everything, even the months of a miserable husband.

Every time I asked him what I could do for him, his response was "Give me some grandkids!"

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment