Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nine Years

I have blogged about this before but when my sister was born, I was already 8 1/2.  All that I cared about was that I was going to have to share my room with a baby!! UGH!!! When we watch home videos and look at pictures when L was little, I knew I was always very close to her. I was always holding her and singing.  But eventually when she became older we actually became best friends.  Who would have thought an 18 year old entering college would be able to be friends with their 9 year old sister.  When I was starting to drink, she was still in grade school.  We never had the same friends or hung out at the same places but were still close. 

Nowadays, I cannot imagine a day without her.  We have not lived in the same house for years.  I have moved to Tennessee and back and now she lives in Maryland.  But we still talk everyday.  I mean who would I send Snapchat selfies to if it wasn't for her?!?  Her friends are actually my friends as well.  I look at my Facebook and Instagram and 50% are her friends.  

We still live very different lives.  She is in her early 20's and I am in my early 30's.  I live with my husband, dog and two kids.  She lived with two roommates.  

I miss seeing her so much now that she lives a few hours away.  I cherish every second she is home.
So when people say they want to have kids close together so they will be good friends, I always think that L and I are almost 9 years a part and could not be closer.  Age is just a number but true friendship lies within your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment