Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Featured Vendor - Monkey Toes

This week's featured vendor is Jenny from Monkey Toes. She is an amazing entrepreneur and a true inspiration to all women. Monkey Toes is a unique and playful line of animal and insect themed footwear and socks. The products are fun and colorful, which children LOVE!! If you have children or are looking for any gifts for children, definitely check out Monkey Toes :)

Here are a few of my favorites:









Q&A with Jenny:

Why did you decide to start your own business?

I always knew I wanted to run my own business – I just didn’t know what it would be. Monkey Toes came to me after taking painting classes with friends (before having children). I saw an idea for painting on shoes and decided to develop my own designs and voila – Monkey Toes was born.

What exactly does Monkey Toes entail?

Monkey Toes are children’s shoes created to look like characters, bugs, and animals. Our shoes have been caught in magazines on many celebrity children and have gained a lot of notoriety when they were seen on the Oprah show when she was touring Tom Cruise’s Telluride home.

I’ve been working on a licensing agreement with a manufacturer and distributor over the past year and a half, which just launched our new look and line. We’ll be branching into more than just footwear for 2012 – which I am completely excited about!

What advice do you give to other female entrepreneurs?

Persistence is key. If you truly love what you’re doing your business won’t feel like work. And trust me – entrepreneurship is a long term thing – not instant gratification. I still have days where I question everything I’m doing, but when that negativity wears off I still believe in myself and my product.

What are 3 things people don't know about you?

1) I’m starting to think I am a serial entrepreneur. I absolutely love starting businesses and I just launched a new one (with a partner this time) called Sugar Loco (www.sugarloco.com)
2) I’m a former Hooter’s Girl
3) I don’t like things in the same place all the time. I am constantly moving things around in my house – even candy in a dish – I will move candy to a new dish or tray or move it to a different room – several times a week. My husband totally believes I am crazy.

Thank you so much Jenny!!

www.monkey-toes.com
http://twitter.com/Jenny_LovesThis
http://twitter.com/monkeytoesshoes

No comments:

Post a Comment