Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Miss you already...

When I was 9 years old, I was blessed with the BEST little sister anyone could ever ask for.  There was a pretty big age difference between us and I never thought we would be as close as we are today.  We even shared a room until I went to college.  Although at that point, I was more concerned with my high school dance or football game than my little 7 year old sister.  As she got older, we just got closer and closer. 




She is the not only my sister but my best friend and the godmother of my daughter.  She is the first person I run to tell exciting news.  But best of all, she knows how to make me laugh.  Whether it is by her freakishly long hugs or dancing around the house.  She also makes me a better person...more relaxed about life, more fun and of course more loving.


Little E is so lucky to have her as an aunt and godmother.  Lauren sat in the hospital with us the whole few days we were there AND also sat with me while I got my epidural (my husband was wandering around as usual haha).  We were so lucky to have her work up in our area this summer, so she was over our house a lot.

But now she is moving on into a new chapter in her life and moving to DC.  I am SO happy for her and I know this new chapter of her life will be fun and exciting.  BUT I am still allowed to miss her.  I will miss our Sundays hanging out over mom and dad's, her stopping up for dinner, and MOST of all her long hugs!  However, I look forward to her daily texts and our visits to DC.  I look forward to hearing about this new chapter in her life.

Lauren - Thank you for being such an amazing sister, friend, aunt, maid of honor, godmother.  We will miss you but enjoy every second of your new journey in DC.

Adrienne xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds as if she is lucky to have to as well....a lovely tribute indeed! There is nothing like a sister!

    ReplyDelete