Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So thankful

Recently, I have just started to realize more and more how lucky I am for everything I have.  I saw on facebook on Sunday this blog called "Avery Can" and it was about a little baby who had SMA, which is an incurable genetic disease and she would not live long.  She ended up passing away yesterday, earlier than expected.  I cannot even imagine!!!  .


Instead of dwelling on the bad, they started a bucket list for her, like go to a ballgame.  As I read the blog, tears poured out of my eyes and I suddenly realize how lucky I am that I have a healthy baby girl.  All those horrible nights of her not sleeping, teething, etc...don't seem so bad.  I actually realize that it is moments like those that I should feel happy about (ironically).  The way I look at it is that if she is teething and trying to crawl, she is progressing FORWARD in the various stages of life. 

As a new mom, I tend to get wrapped up in life and sometimes do not stop and appreciate what I have.  I started to think today, it is not the end of the world that my house is not clean, that I had a bad day at work or that I didn't lose all the baby weight I wanted to. All that matters is I have an amazing family, friends, husband and daughter. 

The family hopes they can raise awareness and eventually a cure so other families and children do not have to go through what they did!  Please check out this blog and share to help raise awareness!

http://averycan.blogspot.com/


I vow to love more and to live life to the fullest!!!! 

Adrienne xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment