Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Featured Vendor - KT Steppers


I am always looking for unique, amazing handmade gifts for all my friends and family who have little children. I met Katie, from Kt Steppers, on twitter and was instantly drawn to her products. Their featured product is the "steppers" (or step stools). The steppers come in a variety of styles, including for playrooms, boys, girls, corporate gifts and writable/erasable.

Here are a few of my favorite steppers:



Q&A with Katie:

What inspired you to start your business? ?

I think I knew I would always start a business, so the urge was there.. I just needed to figure out what I wanted to do and do it. I was always creative and loved art and drawing, etc.. so when I received a step stool for my second son as a gift I had that ‘aha’ moment. A few months later the first “stepper” was conceived when a family member was looking for something unique and personal for her best friend’s son.

What exactly does Kt Steppers entail?

KT Steppers is the perfect resource for a truly custom gift that will stand the test of time. We are a unique mom-owned, child-inspired online gift boutique featuring custom designed, hand-painted, personalized “steppers” (step stools), KT Steppers are the perfect gift for babies, toddlers, moms and much more! www.ktsteppers.com

What advice would you give other female entrepreneurs?

Use Social Media to your advantage. Sign up on twitter, facebook, and linkedin. If it wasn’t for these resources, I don’t think my company and probably other mom-owned businesses would be where they are today as quickly if these tools were not available.

What are 3 things people don't know about you?

I played Division I sports in college (soccer & lacrosse)
I lived in Ireland for 5 months
I can play the piano by ear


Thank you Katie :)


Website: www.ktsteppers.com
Twitter: @ktsteppers
Blog: www.masterfmultitaskingmom.com twitter: @m_o_mblog
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ktsteppers


No comments:

Post a Comment